About Me

My photo
Living close to what matters, I strive to remember that the greatest story of all is the one I am living and so to live full and well. This is certainly a work in progress!I am a mixed media artist, healer, mom, wife, muser, lover of the natural world. I am learning always about how to listen with care to what's inside that wants to be expressed, brought out into the light of day...to the stories and adventures of people I care about, and to the folks I share this world with, to honor life's impulses and flow and act to make real the dreams I hold within. I hope to share with you the journey of life, full of creative juice, magic, mystery, and the unexpected!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

what time is it?




as i expand my understanding of how i want to be with time, i've gone back to reincorporate the ideas of a wonderful and provocative book that i encourage you all to take a look at..lenedra carroll's ( the singer/songwriter jewel's mom) , the architecture of all abundance. in it she reminds me of timing, the right timing of things. and in particular she introduces a metaphor that my heart really grabbed hold of: the wave, the incoming, the outgoing and especially the pause between.

in my monthly healing session with anne, she offered up the word "reflection" not only like looking in the mirror but as in that space to see, to mull, to be with what is unfolding..in the past , and yes i do mean that i am deliberately placing this behavior behind me, shutting the book on this particular chapter, i'd not trust myself or the universe enough to accept the pause..but now...it's important for me to be brave enough to meet whatever emerges in this reflective time, this time in between. in between for example, digesting the courses i've just taken and what my actual actions will be to put in place all the juciy and amazing tips and info. that's come my way.

somehow thru this work i've been doing, offering up a sincere desire to trust myself, to trust that yes i can have a life i want to live, a life i'm thrilled to live and that the more i gently move in that direction in thought, belief and action the more this is proven true. as a woman thinketh...!!

sooo there is some drawing that wants to be done in this time; flowers, lots of flowers and women's faces and bodies, maybe some self -potraits.. ...and you know what? i'm not setting an intention about any of it..except to enjoy the pause....when its time for the tide to change, i have a feeling i will sense it and open to the next breath, the next movement.

i hope u'll check out lenedra's book if abundance, time, money, career, your life's calling, your spiritual unfolding, and adventure in the world at large speak to you..


until next time..xx

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear this book recommendation. I will check it out.

    I am enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u know jewel and fam are from alaska? could add an xtra twist to the story for u...<3 thank u for checking in!

    ReplyDelete