About Me

My photo
Living close to what matters, I strive to remember that the greatest story of all is the one I am living and so to live full and well. This is certainly a work in progress!I am a mixed media artist, healer, mom, wife, muser, lover of the natural world. I am learning always about how to listen with care to what's inside that wants to be expressed, brought out into the light of day...to the stories and adventures of people I care about, and to the folks I share this world with, to honor life's impulses and flow and act to make real the dreams I hold within. I hope to share with you the journey of life, full of creative juice, magic, mystery, and the unexpected!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Voices of Shadow and Light








"all creation emerges from darkness"


micheal meade




i've been pulling myself out of one of those dark stupors the past day. one where a single disappointment has derailed, at least for awhile, my forward momentum. i let myself down, and i think for me that's much more devastating then if it were someone else. the old habit of letting the mental gremlins take over kicked in and before i knew it i was in that shadowy place, the one with the slippery slope. nowhere was there a sign post reminding me to "seek joy first", or "the greatest story of all is the one u are living", or "she lives by the light of her own stars.' nope. only that downward spiral..and the cutting thoughts,"you don't have what it takes".." you can't make this dream come true- you don't have the: discipline, the passion, the strength, the smarts, the will..." "it will take too long.."




i have such a hard time accepting my perfectly imperfect self. when this mode takes over, compassion evaporates. gentleness is forgotten and all i can see if what's lacking, what's not enough. why it will never work.




but this time, now that i've gotten some ground under me, now that i've crawled up out of the hole, i've decided that i will lean into my communtiy. i will put my brave on and reach out- to do the phoenix rising yoga with ken on a regular basis. i will risk being seen and heard as i am, i'll continue to learn what 's right for me and to adjust to what i think i must do for what i can do. to notice, maybe a little bit sooner, how destructive the comparing i do is. the very scary truth is that maybe the dream i have isn't going to come about the way i imagined, in the timing i intended, that my soul is leading me and that it might just be a really good idea to surrender into this darkness again for the millionth time. learning to trust. to accept. stay tumed, there may yet be happy ending!


5 comments:

  1. thank you for being so honest and vulnerable with the world....I too wonder if I have what it takes, yet in a different context. I love a man and I don't know if he will ever love me back...I am so imperfect in my own eyes when I feel like I am losing him...yet I feel hope when I am surrounded by my friends and family who love me...they must see something good in me...right? Well then...this is where I read ur blog and am reminded of the most creative and brilliant artist that I have ever met...YOU my friend...so that also reminds me of who I greet in the mirror everyday...ME...and yes, just like you...I am enough, I am lovable and there can only be a happy ending for you and I because that is what we are made of...Spirit Dust from the Creator...and that is GOOD :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's to us my friend, sprite and sky, ocean dreamer and mermaid! thank u for ur words and reminder...hope- a word i will take with me today..i wrote on a card next to one of my pics on display at abtyoga.." u are the gift" and yesterday as i'm laying on my back in class ken takes it off the table and poises it in front of me so i can read it..hahaha all the words i write and pictures i make are a soul message to me as much as anybiody else..so may we remember we are the gift!xx big love to u today..

    ReplyDelete
  3. big love right-back-atcha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ken
    one day i may just get that! and in gratitude for you gentle, smiling support :)

    ReplyDelete