About Me

My photo
Living close to what matters, I strive to remember that the greatest story of all is the one I am living and so to live full and well. This is certainly a work in progress!I am a mixed media artist, healer, mom, wife, muser, lover of the natural world. I am learning always about how to listen with care to what's inside that wants to be expressed, brought out into the light of day...to the stories and adventures of people I care about, and to the folks I share this world with, to honor life's impulses and flow and act to make real the dreams I hold within. I hope to share with you the journey of life, full of creative juice, magic, mystery, and the unexpected!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

One Year Birthday Celebration begins!


It's hard to believe it's already been almost a year since I began offering handmade art for you. art for your heart will have her first bday on sunday october 24th. and in my little world when there is a bday to celebrate we like to do it up right. never is it a mere single day kinda thing either. so I'm going to get the party started today! right now...

you've heard the saying ,"it takes a village to raise a child"? well at times my creative biz has felt alot like bringing a child into the world. and 2 very special members of my village (and
u've heard me talk them up before) are ken lidden and his wife anne bernays trevenen. they are two of my personal pillars as yoga teacher and healer respectively..and they help keep me my best me. they also were among the very first to carry afyh at abtyoga studio. it has meant so much to me have support each step of the way through the questions, doubts and joys and so with a grateful heart i've created a special mini canvas magnet in their honor.

it's a water colored lotus w/heart and choice of word: peace, om shanti or namaste.
for each one sold ($14 + shipping: a thoughtful
surpirse or holiday goodie for ur yoga buddy, sister, friend,office mate, guru..) i will donate $1 to ken and anne's favorite charity, hawc. your lotus magnet will come gift boxed and tied with a knifty ribbon with a gift card enclosed that i will hand write ur special gift message onto.

u can purchase them directly through me by facebooking, responding in the comment section here, emailing me at deb@artforyourheart.net or head over to abtyoga, and grab one there. ( lotus magnets will be in other locations but only sales directly thru me or abtyoga go towards this special offer, which btw will run until afyh's 2nd bday next october)

more! starting today i will be giving away one lotus magnet a day (with ur choice of word: namaste, peace or om shanti) until afyh's bday on the 24th. ...for today's give away just post something here about one of ur pillars, a sentence, inspiring thought , shout out, poem..whatever brings on the love. the winner will be announced here tomorrow!

and what's a bday w/out a surprise or 2? stay close to learn more..

.till next time...xx

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Good for you my friend : )
    One of my pillars who started me on the journey of asking the question, "who are you?" is Gangaji...ever since I went on retreat with her, I have been delighted and sometimes not so delighted to find out who I am! The words that you put on your canvas Deb that say "Om Shanti" and "Namaste" have a very special meaning for me. The very first time I ever heard those words uttered was on retreat with Gangaji. I had been searching everywhere for the "perfect" being until Gangaji taught me that to be human is to be imperfect....and the cosmic joke is that there is perfection in that! So, I bow to the God in you and to the God in me and wish PEACE for all beings in the Universe! Love, ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have chills reading this..there is a depth shining out from these words and in ur spirit..thank u for sharing this.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. u r most welcome dear friend!
    thank you for shining ur light in my life so i can see more clearly xoxo

    ReplyDelete