About Me

My photo
Living close to what matters, I strive to remember that the greatest story of all is the one I am living and so to live full and well. This is certainly a work in progress!I am a mixed media artist, healer, mom, wife, muser, lover of the natural world. I am learning always about how to listen with care to what's inside that wants to be expressed, brought out into the light of day...to the stories and adventures of people I care about, and to the folks I share this world with, to honor life's impulses and flow and act to make real the dreams I hold within. I hope to share with you the journey of life, full of creative juice, magic, mystery, and the unexpected!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Making Dreams Real

a vision board i made last night at the marvelous mindy's wish studio's creativity circle


dream a little dream...

making dreams real. when i was a little girl and even through my teenage years, i had such a solid connection with my ability to shape my world as i wanted it. i won raffles and contests because i reaaallly wanted to, won over boys later on and in lots of little ways day in and day out i was synced up with life. i spoke life's language i suppose, and life listened and responded. were u like this too? remember when we were just little swirling girl balls of raw focus and energy? We weren't clouded with doubt about if we could do "it", worries of whether we deserved the thing we coveted, weren't yet filled up with outside judgements ," what?! why do you want that???" what we knew instinctively then was that we asked and we received. it was simple.

this was long before many of us had language like manifesting or what u focus on increases.... long before the law of attraction was a house hold phrase. i remember when i went to bed at night i'd lull myself to sleep with good thoughts of what i wanted to have or have happen; it could be meeting someone i admired (tho' i had no luck whatsoever when it came to donny osmond!), or a toy I just had to have, a friend i wanted to make or a place I wanted to visit.






another manifesting journal



looking back on these times i realize that we are all well informed as children about the ways of the universe but most of us by the time we enter the teenage years are so consumed with the outside world, its rules and definitions of and for us and that link to our creative power can easily slip out of our reach or maybe we just get talked out of believing anymore. or??? what was it for you? do you know when you lost the magic?




sometimes i affirm what is true for me in my manifesting journals such as my son, niko being my north star.



the cover of a journal with colors i love and symbols that have special meaning. anything we include in our imagery that carries weight and gives a positive vibe strengthens its power for us.



more!


an entry written on this month's new moon




i especially like to focus specifically with the phases of the moon:



new moon- new projects, relationships, jobs etc.



full moon- ones i'm ready to bring to fullness or complete, or ones i need an extra lunar boost! to help with.


dark moon- to banish or release something or someone i no longer want or need in my life..



if ur intrigued, try it today, it's the full strawberry moon -you may find a whole new way to work with your dreams - weaving a little luna love into it!


i've re-connected again thru working consciously with manifesting journals , collage, and meditation. these are tactile ways i use to help me "make real" my dreams. to give them a face, a name and a real place. they help me to focus strongly and hold a place in my daily rounds for these dreams. but they also give me an anchor, a concrete representation of each dream.


i like to write the date on the entries when the dream comes true too! it's fun to play again this way and even more fun as i tuck another dream come true into my smiling heart.



is ur heart smiling yet?









No comments:

Post a Comment