About Me

My photo
Living close to what matters, I strive to remember that the greatest story of all is the one I am living and so to live full and well. This is certainly a work in progress!I am a mixed media artist, healer, mom, wife, muser, lover of the natural world. I am learning always about how to listen with care to what's inside that wants to be expressed, brought out into the light of day...to the stories and adventures of people I care about, and to the folks I share this world with, to honor life's impulses and flow and act to make real the dreams I hold within. I hope to share with you the journey of life, full of creative juice, magic, mystery, and the unexpected!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Journal Jeans And Rice Freeman-Zachery

Years ago I added Stamp Artistry by Rice Freeman-Zachery to my craft book collection. In it I found a really neat looking project, journal jeans that I wanted to try. I got the impulse recently when I learned Rice was coming to town for a book signing. Wouldn't it be neat to have her sign my newly finished pants?? So I thought about what I would like to journal about and really it's the process of my creative and womanly life unfolding, making peace with the pieces of me, all the various bits I have inside like the Artist, The Witch, The Healer, The Critic, The Momma, Wife and on and on..and I wanted to pay homage to this special time in my life , this time of re-invention and of appreciation and gratitude for this new world I'm


creating and for all the wonders I have in my circle that make it possible; my North Star; Niko, my Sunshine; Dino, my Shining Stars; friends, Home Planet; Earth, Personal Solar System; family.... and I wanted to use some of my art to set off the words..Rice suggested using screen print ink..huh? not so easy to find so I went with permanent ink, this is so part of life, trial and error, I'll let u know how they come out after the first wash! But here they are and here is Rice ...when I asked if she's sign me instead of a book, she said "Hop up!" and I laid out on the work table and she grabbed a sharpie and set to adding her own work to my jeans! How fun is that - just below is her contribution;') Thanks Rice! and happy travels to NYC and back home again!

























There's Rice from the back , what a fab. artist, writer and wild woman!




Some close up's of the almost finished jeans..













Fun with fabric markers! and anytime I can make art outside, I'm there! The backyard sanctuary..

















































































How much fun can we have with a bunch of grandma's buttons!?

































My resident photograher-Niko took most of the pics. for this entry




















Had to share this ..in the Whole Foods parking lot, this is for when The Critic chimes in, I can remind myself...nope not today!




and I've realized..life in progress... that limiting myself to blogging on T and Th is well, limiting! So here's to connecting more soon, and on any day the muse calls ;')




What has the muse been calling you to these days? Summer Solstice and the first day of summer (6/21) are just around the corner, if ur like me u just can't stop urself from playing...what about a putting together an herb planter for the kitchen window, have the kids paint some birdhouse for the apple tree in the yard, stepping stones with little handprints, handcraft a few journals to hold all the special memories u'll make this summer....




To life!







































2 comments:

  1. I am so glad we crossed paths and that I found your inspiring world! Here's to a new creative friendship! xo, mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too mindy..if the muse allows i'll see you friday!

    ReplyDelete