About Me

My photo
Living close to what matters, I strive to remember that the greatest story of all is the one I am living and so to live full and well. This is certainly a work in progress!I am a mixed media artist, healer, mom, wife, muser, lover of the natural world. I am learning always about how to listen with care to what's inside that wants to be expressed, brought out into the light of day...to the stories and adventures of people I care about, and to the folks I share this world with, to honor life's impulses and flow and act to make real the dreams I hold within. I hope to share with you the journey of life, full of creative juice, magic, mystery, and the unexpected!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

ur happy place for 6/8!

the lady of wellness card .....
crown chakra card...

welcome to ur happy place: a refuge for body, mind and soul for 6/8! summer seems to be setting up house here the last few days, it is very welcome:) what have u been doing to enjoy the weather?
tonite i drove down with the top down and just gazed up ( at safe intervals!) at the Lady in the darkening night sky....moving on towards full on the 15th, magical.

and i've continued my descent into body -love ..last week when i posted about some of what's been going on in my world, i was sent a post from patricia lynn reilly's blog...about body love! you can read it here. the thread of body love draws me into a path of greater devotion to affirming women's ways and essence in the world. patricia's work, if ur not familiar with it, is worthy of your time...maybe you'll make friends with your womanly self by the pool or shore this summer, with her book
imagine a woman in love with herself: or
another of her's i promise myself:making a commitment to yourself and your dreams

maybe this summer is the breakthru where you love ur body in ur bathing suit regardless.......

today i'm sharing two stanzas from her poem and book by the same title, imagine a woman in love with herself:

imagine a woman in love with her own body.
a woman who believes her body is enough, just as it is.
who celebrates her body's rhythms and cycles as an exquisite resource.

imagine a woman who has grown in knowledge and love of herself.
a woman who has vowed faithfulness to her own life and capacities.who remains loyal to herself.
regardless.
imagine yourself as this woman.

words to let seep in and wonder on. or perhaps to call u to action.

until next time...xx

No comments:

Post a Comment