About Me

My photo
Living close to what matters, I strive to remember that the greatest story of all is the one I am living and so to live full and well. This is certainly a work in progress!I am a mixed media artist, healer, mom, wife, muser, lover of the natural world. I am learning always about how to listen with care to what's inside that wants to be expressed, brought out into the light of day...to the stories and adventures of people I care about, and to the folks I share this world with, to honor life's impulses and flow and act to make real the dreams I hold within. I hope to share with you the journey of life, full of creative juice, magic, mystery, and the unexpected!

Monday, May 16, 2011

ur happy place 5/18!


welcome to ur happy place: a refuge for body, mind and soul for 5/18! how are u unfurling this week?

"as we train in opening our hearts and discovering the soft spot, we gradually feel more joy, the joy that comes from the appreciation of our basic goodness. we still experience strong conflicting emotions, we still experience the illusion of separation, but there's a fundamental openness we begin to trust..."

pema chodrun





lilah

one of the realizations i've come to as a result of my time away is that iv'e found the focus of my spiritual life returning to familiar places. funny how my embrace of the unformed, my next steps into the future spiraled me right back to my spiritual beginnings. in 1986, after reading shirley maclaine's memoir, out on a limb, i began to understand that there was ALOT more then met the mortal eye in the world as i knew it. fascinated, i invested my energy and attention into connecting to the world of spirit: studying the ways of the spiritualists; taking courses in the process of unfoldment and opening to communication with the spirit realms. i also embarked on the daunting journey of practicing meditation, sometimes loving, sometimes hating it. plenty of times i quit, gave up, cursed it and then began again...and again. ( sound familiar?!)

each time i pushed it away, the beauty of its precious gems lured me back : meditation offered the promise of nurturing a more sane relationship with my chaotic, scattered, crazy mind. that even a mind like this could know moments of peace, stillness, even enlightenment. it held the possibility that with intentional regularity i could become an adept at piercing the veils between the worlds, could pass back and forth at will, engage with the higher dimensions and befriend those i met there. important to me was making first person contact with my own non-physical teachers and spirit guides, developing intimate relationships with them. meditative states offered the gift of accessing timelessness; viewing past lives to learn more about my own soul, its choices and journey; even catching a glimpse of future potentials for me, others around me, earth and beyond. it invited me to follow in the footsteps of the mystics, relying on personal and direct divine revelation to satisfy my inner questioning about the world and my place in it. being drawn back through this review into the origins of my spirit's awakening, i've seen that once i resigned myself to sticking with it, meditating has had an invaluable influence on my growth.

the process of channeling is a distant cousin to psychic/intuitive messagework as it does involve entering a kind of meditative state as a means to connect. sanya roman's excellent book, opening to channel, is one i used as a guide in 2001 when i wanted to learn to practice trance channeling. a couple weeks ago inner guidance led me back to channeling, so i picked up the book again and took a refresher course, curious to see what would happen this time around.

after completing the welcoming invitation ceremony, it became clear that i would work ongoing with three spheres of wisdom: the angelic realms, nature intelligence- the devas and spirits of nature, and what for now i'll call a teacher from the stars. who knew?! my encounters right now center around my new angelic teacher, lilah. when i first met her i saw soft yellow swirly energy, wispy. she didn't show me details of her appearance but i felt a distinct warmth and strength with her. there is a let's- get- busy kind of attitude with her! she speaks to me, we have sort of a running dialogue throughout the day, and when i channel speaks through me. i don't sound any different but i let her impress her words on my mind and then speak them.

during my last healing session with
anne, lilah showed me i would be learning about something called "the heart teachings". they are experiences i will have and go through and then perhaps a year or so down the road i can bring them out into the world formally as a teaching for others. the heart. always the heart. i will spend the rest of this life learning about it, being a voice for it and in service to it, how lucky am i!

just this week, the first teaching has begun, body love. let's find out together where this journey will take us....

until then...xx




No comments:

Post a Comment