About Me

My photo
Living close to what matters, I strive to remember that the greatest story of all is the one I am living and so to live full and well. This is certainly a work in progress!I am a mixed media artist, healer, mom, wife, muser, lover of the natural world. I am learning always about how to listen with care to what's inside that wants to be expressed, brought out into the light of day...to the stories and adventures of people I care about, and to the folks I share this world with, to honor life's impulses and flow and act to make real the dreams I hold within. I hope to share with you the journey of life, full of creative juice, magic, mystery, and the unexpected!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ur Happy Place Begins Today!

welcome to the first ur happy place post!


Take a deep breath and relax...open to the possibilities of this day..to the power of feeling alive in this one moment.

just scroll down and enjoy....




ur happy place haiku( by urs truly;)


clouds float by like dreams
aimless and liking it so
watching i float too


i m a very pleased to share some of my favorite people with you and this week i'd like you to meet ingrid gans from the netherlands. a warm woman, wonderful artist, singer, songwriter and musician..mom and beautiful soul.
here she sings a song that fits right into our happy place.





and now for my yoga teacher from Australia , operating here in topsfield , ma at abtyoga ( quite the international flavor this week!) i met ken, i guess a couple of years ago but didn't start really taking classes with him till last year. i 've also worked with him doing some phoenix rising yoga and it's really brought alot of transformation into my life. in fact the name of my biz, art for your heart came out of one of the sessions. abtyoga was also one of the very first places to host my product so i'm excited for you to get a bit of the yoga glow here, yes yoga magic can happen off the mat too. i asked ken if he would write about yoga as well as his path and experiences with it. and for this first post to introduce himself in his own way... so, here's ken.. read with an open heart and smile.

Explore and Experience

The year is 1995. Ken is navigating his way through a divorce, has the normal 9 to 5 job that doesn't feel satisfactory, and begins to explore other avenues in life. The bar scene lasted about a month, reading books about change was making me somewhat curious, to phoning a number in Sydney, Australia ( yes, that is where I am from) inquiring about local yoga classes.

On reflection, I am forever grateful to the lady that recommended a local teacher called Leah. After a long phone call with her, in which I found myself talking more about myself than ever before, Ken attends his first yoga class (tight, closed and highly strung) to be greeted with "would you like you a hug". From that moment on, yoga, mediation and what they offer had me hooked.

And, while at ABT Yoga, in Topsfield you may not get a hug until we know each other better, you will receive my enthusiasm for what yoga has done and continues to do for me. Little did I know at that time that 15 years down my journey I would own a yoga studio, have married a Topsfield local and inherited a family. To hear the rest of the story,

then a visit to Topsfield and our humble abode sometime may be called for.

Along the way I have learned YOGA is a tool for healing problems that we all face in life. It can strengthen your muscles and bones, your balance should improve, along with an increase in flexibility. At ABT you will be encouraged to relax, and let go the negative effects of tension and stress. Yoga is a dynamic, individual, non-violent way to approach conditions you wish to change. BUT it is not a panacea. It is not usually the only way or even the best way to solve human problems. But yoga can solve many of the problems we face, and it can considerably soften others.

Here, I will take the opportunity to say thanks to Deb for the opportunity to share my passion for what I do and how if you take the opportunity to explore and experience yourself through your body then you begin to create your own support using your own wisdom.

Awareness and Acceptance are spoken about a lot, because that is what I need to practice more off in my own life, so consequently how your yoga looks to me is not as important as how you feel, and how you can begin to accept that. So, thanks again Deb, I look forward to contributing to your endeavour and may it provide the refuge for others that you envisage.

om shanti, shanti, shanti

Ken Lidden


soooo not to derail ur serenity too much but before we part company but i do want you to know that there will be in the days ahead some goodies to win and fun to be had..but all in a very r e l a x e d way of course!


dear ones, may you remember to breathe, smile, stay connected to the peace inside, dance to the beat of your own song.


looking forward to visiting again with you next week!


happy day and good wishes to you.. xx








5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Deb, what a lovely post. Thanks for giving me the space to sing here. And... synchronicity upon synchronicity... what you don't know is that early on in my pregnancy with Flynn I did Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy level 1 and 2. A wonderful experience. I'm thrilled to hear you've experienced it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ingrid..i guess it just gets better and better!my dear kindred ;) i am so happy to have u on the first post!thank u again. i look forward to sharing more at ur happy place in the days to come

    and thanks for tuning in mermaid chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ur so welcome and thank...U :)

    ReplyDelete